Crazy Creative Communication
The Playground of the designing developer or vice versa —Webarchitect— Dirk Sidney Jansen
Your theory is crazy, the question is whether it's crazy enough to be true.
All kinds of web related stuff that I've been recently fooling around with …
Fluid Layouts: 3 equal heights columns
A modern approach to 3 equal heights columns layout using CSS only and HTML5 structural tags as class names
A simple but somewhat different crossbrowser 3-column layout with equal heights, header and footer.
My YouTube Video Wall
Perhaps Google App Engine and 24ways' great article
Kind of mimicing a Huffduffer Podcast
Doh? Well, that's just me. Guess I'm just not really too much into podcasting (Perhaps that will change …), but since I'm always interested in what Jeremy Keith is up to, I signed up to his service Huffduffer in order to get one minimalistic but very user friendly spot to give podcasting a chance.
I did this, mainly to mimic their user interface for the cause of being able to integrate it into my own websites, while enhancing it with a simple availability check, which again makes it slow down quite a bit and also turns out not to be very reliable … (I might just remove it.)
A randomly styled PHP Countdown
A while back, someone in the TalkPHP community asked how he could achieve My reply back then suggested he'd use a combination of the PHP functions
Now, a couple of weeks later, I've played around with that idea and wound up creating what I would describe as
Randomly styled PHP Countdown.
Though the underlying intention behind this script is rather playful, it could actually be usefull when i.e. you want to display an accessible download-link after some (queue-) time has passed.
- How do you say
- /ˈsɪt.ɪ.zən.seɪn/ [According to IPA]
- What does it mean?
- Sid is insane.
- Citizen Sane. A reference to the movie
- Sane citizen.
- Personal Information
- Name: Dirk Sidney Jansen
- Birthday: 4th of July 1971
- Birthplace: New York City
- Nationalities: American and German
- Work Experience
- 2003/02/01 – Today Freelancing Webdesigner/-developer
- 2004/07/07 – 2004/07/21 Constructural engineering for a small project in a holiday resort on the island of Crete/Greece
- 2003/02/10 – 2003/10/10 Office Assistant with the Deutsche Bank in Siegen/Germany
- 2000/06/01 – 2003/02/01 Sales Promoter for VIAG Interkom, Deutsche Telekom, Siemens, Epson and Microsoft
- 1999/02/15 – 2000/04/30 Sales Assistant with the Saturn Technomarkt in Siegen/Germany
- 1998/11/16 – 1999/07/31 Office Assistant with the DTS Computer GmbH in Siegen/Germany
- 1998/05/15 – 1998/10/31 Civil Counselor with the City of Siegen during the remodelling of the Central Bus Station
- 1996/10/09 – 1997/08/31 Televisor with Alcatel/SEL
- Academic Education
- 1996 – 2004 Architecture at the University of Siegen/Germany, undergraduate
- 1991 – 1992 English and Media Science at the Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf/Germany, undergraduate
- 1992/10/01 – 1994/12/01 Carpentry with the Art Carpentry Wuerzburg in Moenchengladbach/Germany, journeyman (Geselle)
- Primary Education
- 1981 – 1990 Saint Wolfhelm Gymnasium in Schwalmtal/Germany, university-entrance diploma (Abitur)
- Military Service
- 1990 – 1990 Department of the Army in Cologne/Germany, PFC
This is the end.
Copyright © 2008 Dirk Sidney Jansen